3.31.2009

Back again.

So, for the sake of my sister Erin I will try to get back to the blogging thing I have been neglecting over Facebook.

Well we went back to the hospital, and just so you know, this is “my” version of the events; you can get a different one from Alex if you like.

Everything started on Wednesday morning when Ben woke up screaming and was literally cover with poop. That morning we realized that he was having exploding diarrhea. He didn’t wanna eat and was really sleepy. That day I took him to the pediatrician and guess what? They told me it was a virus, and even though it actually was a virus, I feel like it’s their answer for everything when they don’t have a clue of what’s going on. They sent me home with pedyalite and a soy formula that I couldn’t get Ben to even try (I don’t blame him). Day two he was worse and by then his face was white with dark circles under his eyes. I would’ve taken him to the ER that day but we got a lovely snow storm that was stopping people from getting to places. Day three Ben was looking like a corps and by the afternoon he was pretty much throwing up everything he was eating and hardly peeing. He had a horrible night so Saturday around 5.30am we finally gathered up our stuff to go to Children’s. My sister Johanna was surprised at her door step at 7am with the news that she was going to be watching Alex that day and like always she was happy to help (thanks Johanna, we love you!). So we made it throw the ER and ended up being admitted. They gave Ben an IV on the forehead after trying poking him everywhere and not being able to get into his veins, like always. So IV and some Tylenol did the trick. Nothing fancy. By that night his color was back and the dark circles on the eyes were gone.
I have to say that ones we walked into our room in the 8th floor I felt like I never left. So many unpleasant memories came back; I know I’m such a wuss. The nurses where really good and not counting my frustration in the ER room, the Doctors fulfilled my expectations. They were pretty nicely on top of things and actually listened to what I have to say.

Four days were not so bad, and the best thing was coming back home with a child almost his 100% normal.

We got home today and Ben has been just a lot of fun. He missed his brother so much, I can tell because Alex just had to be next to him for Ben to be laughing nonstop.

We are again thankful for all the phone calls and prayers. We are so blessed with a great family and awesome friends.

3 comments:

the coltons said...

awww, i LOVE what you said about benny missing alex - i love that he just cracked up at him :) cute boys. i'm so glad to hear you're home!!!

Cynthia said...

I know! He has been so cheerful.Its like this hole thing never happend.

Gwen said...

I'm so glad you are all ok! He is amazing!