10.14.2008

Ben - UPDATE

First of all, we'd like to thank all the help, prayers, and kind words from everyone.  I know Cynthia and I appreciate everything, even though we seem so tired and aren'tvery talkative.... well that part may be just me, but anyways, thanks everyone.

Now the reward: an update. It's around 5:30pm and Ben and I are flying solo tonight.  He's slowly improving.  His white blood cell count is up but steady over the past 2 days but his infection rate? index?  something like that (the doctor just came in, i have a very crappy memory) is way down (Ben came in to the hospital 29 times higher than he is now).  He's on 4 types of anti-biotics and, seriously, he's looking really good.  Holding him right now (he's trying to doze, w00t!), he looks totally normal.  We still don't have all the answers and we don't know when we'll be out of here, but we feel blessed that he's getting better, and hope that we won't have to repeat this anytime soon.

Thanks again for everone.  late

Alex 

4 comments:

the coltons said...

well, i hope he's home by the end of the month so i can see him! :)

Cynthia said...

yeah! rumor has it we might live on friday.

Dunn Family said...

I'm so glad he is doing better. I seriously don't know how you do it. He is such a sweetie and a little trooper, as are you guys!

Unknown said...

hope ben is getting better by the minute. i know you guys don't take kindly to help(haha) but if you need anything let me know.